How to configure console to cover the entire screen?

Nikhil Kale nikhilkale at myrealbox.com
Sun Sep 14 22:43:17 PDT 2003

Hi,
  I am using a Compaq Presario 2132AC. I will try running the Diagnostic checks, as pointed out by a few people on my machine and get back.
  I have one doubt though, I edited the file /etc/ttys. What does this file configure?????
  It contained the list of consoles. I changed the console type for ttyv0 from cons25 to vt220 to try to change my console display to full-screen. But after that my system wouldnt startup. So I had to boot off the installation disk into the rescue mode and change it back to cons25.

Regards,
Nikhil.