60 days

clayton rollins crollins666 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 09:29:57 PDT 2003

On 19 Aug., Scott Saunders <scrotch at sprynet.com> wrote:

>My first FreeBSD machine (4.8) has been up for 60 days now!
>
>I'm just writing because I'm excited and too many people I know don't know
>what I'm talking about.
>
>It's one of those cheapo Walmart PCs that I've set up as a NAT/Firewall box
>with ipfilter and ipnat. It's been up and running without any issue at all.
>It was also my first PC; I've previously only owned and worked on Macs. I
>got another one this weekend that I'll be doing a more general desktop
>install on to play around some. I like it!
>
>That's all. Thanks,
>Scott

Congratulations. Though, I must say, I am a bit jealous; my best uptime
was ~37 days, but I had to rebuild the OS at that point so it didn't go
any further. It was pretty cool to see the blank login auditing after
spending more than a month logged in as a single user. (Others have access,
but rarely use it...)

The desktop system is even more rewarding, in the aspect that you can show
people what you're talking about. (And, it's kind of fun to show it off to
people who payed all sorts of money for their OS and app.s.)

Have fun, happy hacking, and all that,
Clayton