Vector Packet Processing (VPP) portability on FreeBSD

Francois ten Krooden ftk at Nanoteq.com
Fri May 14 06:41:45 UTC 2021

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 12:43:10PM +0000, Francois ten Krooden wrote:

> On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 12:43:10PM +0000, Francois ten Krooden wrote:
> > On  Monday, 10 May 2021 16:10 Konstantin Belousov wrote:

> > > sysfs on FreeBSD?
> > > Understand what information is obtained, then what for is it
> > > actually used, then match it against equivalent FreeBSD approach,
> > > then gather the required information.
> >
> > Thank you.  This was basically what we suspected.
> > One of the ones we are unsure about is what the equivalent of
> /proc/self/pagemap on Linux would be.
> > The one idea we had is using procstat_getvmmap from libprocstat, but
> haven't finished investigating yet.
>
> I believe DPDK's libeal uses /proc/pagemap to look up the physical address
> of large page mappings.  Assuming you want to do the same thing, there is
> the MEM_EXTRACT_PADDR /dev/mem ioctl.  It was added specifically for
> DPDK.  See the mem(4) man page for details on its usage.

Thank you Mark.
Will have a look at that.

Regards
Francois

Important Notice:

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the Nanoteq (Pty) Ltd e-mail legal notice available at:
http://www.nanoteq.com/AboutUs/EmailDisclaimer.aspx