page fault while in kernel mode - after upgrade from 12.2 to 13.0

Mark Johnston markj at freebsd.org
Tue May 4 19:02:47 UTC 2021

On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 08:38:39PM +0200, Michael Schmiedgen wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> sorry for the delay, I only can test after work. I triggered another 2 panics, this time
> with a different result (see below). Can I provide some more information?

This looks like fairly random kernel memory corruption.  Are you able to
build an INVARIANTS kernel and test that?  Assuming you're using 13.0,
you'd grab the 13.0 sources, add "options INVARIANT_SUPPORT" and
"options INVARIANTS" to the GENERIC kernel configuration in
sys/amd64/conf, and do a "make buildkernel installkernel".