finding optimal ipfw strategy

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Tue Aug 27 19:59:30 UTC 2019

28.08.2019 2:22, Victor Gamov wrote:

>> Also, you should monitor interrupt numbers shown by "systat -vm 3" for igb* devices
>> at hours of most load. If they approach 8000 limit but not exceed it,
>> you may be suffering from this and should raise the limit with /boot/loader.conf:
>>
>> hw.igb.max_interrupt_rate=32000
>
> It's about 5000-7000 per rxq

7000 is quite close considering it is average for quite long period (a second or seconds).
It can hit 8000 for some ticks easily in your case.

You should raise the limit as soon as possible. I'd advise to double it upto 16000 first
but if you cannot afford extra reboot better use 32000 as it's just fine for 1Gbps link.