NFSv4 without Kerberos

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Fri Aug 16 12:55:39 UTC 2019

i all,

> Am 16.08.2019 um 14:37 schrieb Alexander Lunev via freebsd-net <freebsd-net at freebsd.org>:
>
>> /NFS -maproot=root -sec=krb5i
>> V4: /NFS -sec=krb5i
>> and this work ok for nfsv4 mount (mount -t nfsv4 host:/)
>> May be order is  important?
>
> I've already tried in any order, it doesn't change anything.
>
> In another place (11.2-R) i've already done NFSv4 mount where ubuntu mounts share from freebsd via nfsv4 with sec=sys without any problem, but here (11.3) i can't make it work - maybe the reason is that client is diskless and root mounted by NFSv3 from the same server?

Are the directories you are trying to export part of the same filesystem
as the client-root that is already mounted?

i don’t know for v4, but in traditional NFS exports are per FS and not
per directory. You need to export the toplevel FS with the -alldirs flag
set to mount multiple directories of the same FS.

HTH,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH			Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Kaiserallee 13a			Tel.: 0721 9109-0 Fax: -100