Preferring internal IPv6 source address over gif tunnel IP?

Hiroki Sato hrs at allbsd.org
Thu Aug 1 18:01:50 UTC 2019

Viktor Dukhovni <viktor at dukhovni.org> wrote
  in <20190731120705.GC24255 at straasha.imrryr.org>:

vi>   1. Point to point tunnel /128:
vi>
vi> 	cloned_interfaces="gif0"
vi> 	create_args_gif0="tunnel <my-public-ipv4> <their-tunnel-ipv4>"
vi> 	ifconfig_gif0_ipv6="inet6 <tunnel-prefix>::2 <tunnel-prefix>::1 prefixlen 128"
vi> 	ipv6_defaultrouter="<tunnel-prefix>::1"

 You do not need to use ifconfig_gif0_ipv6 for a point-to-point
 configuration with <tunnel-prefix>.  The following configuration
 should do the trick while this is different from suggested one from
 he.net:

  cloned_interfaces="gif0"
  create_args_gif0="tunnel <my-public-ipv4> <their-tunnel-ipv4>"
  ifconfig_gif0_ipv6="inet6 auto_linklocal"
  ipv6_defaultrouter="-interface gif0"

 Using this configuration, your source IPv6 address will be that on
 igb1.  And if you have two or more physical interfaces you can define
 ip6addrctl.conf to control which address is used for the source
 address depending on the destination address.

-- Hiroki