Testing VF/PF code

Harry Schmalzbauer freebsd at omnilan.de
Tue May 29 17:55:46 UTC 2018

Am 29.05.2018 um 18:57 schrieb Sean Bruno:
> Does anyone have a process for testing the VF drivers (ixgbe igb, etc)
> in FreeBSD without actually firing up linux to instantiate a VM or using
> EC2?
>
> sean

To some limited extent I have access to a productive host (ESXi 6)
providing VFs (PF=x722 at C624).
The guest is also productive and uses ixlv(4) (stable/11), but I have
maintenance windows...
Not much 10GE peers – only one other ESXi host via SFP-DA-cable.

So not the most convenient environment, but I'll be at it this upcoming
weekend...

If there's anything I can do with that setup, just email me.

-harry