Proxy a TCP connection

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Sat May 19 17:26:38 UTC 2018

On 05/19/18 03:10, Eugene Grosbein wrote:

> You don't need any additional software at all.
> Just instruct FreeBSD kernel to do what you need, it will do that just fine.

Thanks.
In fact I've used ipfw nat in the past, but I'd rather use a userland
daemon: doing things at rule level makes it more easy to screw
everything up and lock myself out.

> Additional advantage of this approach is that
> internal hosts will see real public IP address of connecting external host
> instead of your own.

This is exactly what I don't want, as, unfortunately, we have some
devices which will refuse connections unless they come from their own
subnet.

  bye & Thanks
	av.