iflib-if_em tests with HEAD and lagg panic [Was: Re: svn commit: r333338 - in stable/11/sys: dev/bnxt kern net sys]

Harry Schmalzbauer freebsd at omnilan.de
Fri May 11 17:25:00 UTC 2018

Bezüglich Stephen Hurd's Nachricht vom 10.05.2018 21:55 (localtime):
> Ok, the review is updated with the EBR.  If you can update your tree to
> r333466 or newer, apply the patch and retest, that would be great.  It
> seems to be working here.

I took out the sys/net/if.c, sys/net/if_var.h and sys/conf/kmod.mk
hunks, since these were commited in r333469.

Happy to confirm that there are no more LORs occuring when
creating/using if_lagg(4), neither with the hartwell/clarkville sisters,
nor with kawela twins.
Tested with r333486 and latest https://reviews.freebsd.org/D15355 as of
this writing.
Brief balancing/failover tests also inidcate excellent condition for
those 3 iflib-NICs.
Only did very simple workloads (with IPv6 NFSv4), but so far nothing
uncommon in any area.
Also, I cannot reproduce the link status failure when removing the TP
connection of the i217 NIC (will update the separate thread).

Thanks a lot for that quick fix,

-Harry