wlan0 && IPv6

Marek Zarychta zarychtam at plan-b.pwste.edu.pl
Fri Jul 6 08:50:01 UTC 2018

W dniu 2018.07.05 o 12:22, Matthias Apitz pisze:
> El día miércoles, julio 04, 2018 a las 04:02:22p. m. +0200, Harry Schmalzbauer escribió:
>
>> Am 04.07.2018 um 15:30 schrieb Matthias Apitz:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> This morning I was in the Wifi area of the Munich Filmfest. They give the SSID
>>> and the WPA-2 password to anybody. While my FreeBSD (CURRENT) could associate fine,
>>> I did not get any IP addr. My Linux cellphone was working fine out of
>>> the box and showed an IPv6 addr in the network interface.
>>>
>>> How this must be configured in FreeBSD?
>> It was porbably v6 only (W)LAN.
>> dhclient(8) in base does only care about IPv4.
>>
>> For IPv6 stateless, you need to watch
>> sysctl(8) net.inet6.ip6.no_radr
>> and
>> ifconfig(8) -no_radr
>>
>> By default, if set ipv6_activate_all_interfaces="YES" in rc.conf(5), I
>> think you should get a stateless IPv6 address (since
>> net.inet6.ip6.no_radr=0, hence no no_radr flag for your IPv6-enablef
>> interface (wlan0)), as long as there's a router in the (W)LAN advertising.
>>
>> For stateful IPv6, you must install somethink like KAME-dhcp6
>> (ports/net/dhcp6).
>>
>> But the latter isn't widely deployed, most setups I've seen have routers
>> advertising and clients with stateless setup.
>>
>> Can't tell you out of mind what your rc.conf(5) should look like to
>> enable stateless config for distinct interfaces, but I'm sure you'll
>> quickly find if you look for the above mentiond key words.
>>
>> Viel Spass auf'm Filmfest :-)
> Thanks for the reply. I have now in rc.conf the following lines:
>
> /etc/rc.conf
>
> wlans_ath0="wlan0"
> ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
> # IPv6 starts here
> # add ipv6 entry for wlan0
> ipv6_network_interfaces="wlan0"
> # set up wlan0 to accept rtadv(8) advertisements
> ifconfig_wlan0_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv"
> ip6addrctl_enable="YES"
> ip6addrctl_policy="ipv6_prefer"
> ipv6_activate_all_interfaces="YES"
> # ifconfig_wlan0_ipv6="YES"
> # IPv6 end here
>
> And when the interface associates it gives the output attached below for
> ifconfig and netstat; but nothing is working, esp. not

There is net/dual-dhclient in ports. Please give it a try.

#pkg install dual-dhclient

Then add this lines to /etc/rc.conf:

rtsold_enable="YES"
dhclient_program="/usr/local/sbin/dual-dhclient"
wlans_ath0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="country DE WPA SYNCDHCP"
ifconfig_wlan0_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv"
# and optionally
#ipv6_privacy="YES"

This should do the work.

--