epair failure in production on 11.1-STABLE (r328930) ? weird!

Kristof Provost kristof at sigsegv.be
Mon Jul 2 21:49:33 UTC 2018

On 2 Jul 2018, at 23:11, Dr Josef Karthauser wrote:
> Break break. We’ve just seen a bug bugzilla report 22710, reporting
> that epair fails when the queue limit is hit
> (net.link.epair.netisr_maxqlen). We’ve just introduced a high
> bandwidth service on this machine and so it’s probably that that’s
> what’s caused the issue.

I think you meant 227100 there.

> But, why has hitting the queue limit broken it entirely!

It’s a bug in the epair code. Something’s wrong when it handles a
queue overflow and it never leaves the overflow state, dropping all new
packets instead.
I’m afraid that I’ve not been able to do anything about it yet.
Bjoern is more familiar with that code I believe, and might be able to
help.

Regards,
Kristof