Regarding latency of Netmap i/o

Suneet Singh er.suneetsingh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 23:34:55 UTC 2018

Dear Professor,

I am Suneet from India. I am a PhD student in Unicamp, Campinas, Brazil. I
am testing latency of MACSAD P4 software switch. I found that latency using
netmap i/o is higher than using socket_mmap i/o while in case of dpdk,
latency is very low.

As I read the research papers related to netmap, I found that it may be the
reason of high latency in case of netmap compare to socket_mmap due to
batch process.

However, I am not sure why latency of my switch is higher using netmap
compare to sockte mmap. I am requesting you to please let me know the
performance of netmap interms of latency (end-to-end) compare to
socket_mmap.

Thank you so much for your precious time.

*" Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success."*

Kind Regards
*Suneet Kumar Singh*

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Suneet_Singh7