Need Netgraph Help [fixed]

GPz1100a zx1100e1 at solo-tek.com
Sun Apr 22 04:52:56 UTC 2018

@John

Did you ever get this fully figured out?  I'm trying to do what I think is
the same thing with my fiber internet connection - eliminate the need to use
the isp provided gateway (or at least reduce its function). I'm running
*opnsense*.   This thread
https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=111043.msg793292#msg793292 is what
led me here.

Three nics correspond to the following

em0 - ONT (WAN)
xl0 - 3com pci - isp provided residential gateway (RG)
ue0 - usb nic - LAN

Using Julian's code from Jan 06, 2018; 1:39pm,

     ngctl mkpeer em0: etf lower downstream
     ngctl name em0:lower waneapfilter
     ngctl connect waneapfilter: em0: nomatch upper

     ngctl mkpeer xl0: etf lower downstream
     ngctl name  xl0:lower laneapfilter
     ngctl connect laneapfilter:  xl0: nomatch upper

*    ngctl connect waneapfilter laneapfilter eapout eapout*

     ngctl msg waneapfilter: 'setfilter { matchhook="eapout"
ethertype=0x888e }'
     ngctl msg laneapfilter: 'setfilter { matchhook="eapout"
ethertype=0x888e }'

When I get to the command in bold it comes back with this error:

root at OPNsense:~ #      ngctl connect waneapfilter laneapfilter eapout eapout
ngctl: send msg: No such file or directory

I'm not sure how to proceed from here.

Thanks for any help you (or others) can offer.

--J

--
Sent from: http://freebsd.1045724.x6.nabble.com/freebsd-net-f4005075.html