High rate of NFS cache misses after upgrading from 10.3-prerelease to 11.1-release

Niels Kobschaetzki niels at kobschaetzki.net
Fri Apr 20 19:16:03 UTC 2018

> On 19. Apr 2018, at 00:07, Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de> wrote:
>

>> Am 17.04.2018 um 06:45 schrieb Niels Kobschätzki <niels at kobschaetzki.net>:
>>
>>  solved now finally my problem after two weeks and it wasn't the NFS. I
>> just got derailed from the real solution again and again from some
>> people, thus I didn't look in the right place. The cache misses are gone
>> now, the application performs now faster than on the other servers.
>

> OK, but what was it?

Miscommunication and a missing php71-opcache. Apparently php is doing then a lot of syscalls which lead to getattr-call which cannot be handled by the nfs cache. A problem for a lot of years now and it won’t be dealt with.

Niels

P.s. the application is now nearly twice as fast but needs half the RAM and produces half the load than on FBSD 10.3/php56