On fresh 11.1 install, unbound(8) config is totally non-functional

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 14 11:10:45 UTC 2017

On 13/10/2017 21:20, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
> I did try inserting the following additional lines into my local
> /var/unbound/unbound.conf file, under the server: section, but these
> appear to have had no effect, even after a reboot:
>
> 	verbosity: 3
> 	logfile: /var/log/unbound.log
> 	log-time-ascii: yes
>
> (Note:  I *did* pre-create the file /var/log/unbound.log and did a chown
> to user "unbound" before the reboot, but there's still nothing in it.)

unbound usually runs chrooted and the log file will appear relative to
the chroot directory.  That's probably something like
/var/unbound/var/log/unbound.log for the configuration you've shown.

	Cheers,

	Matthew