VNET kernel panic on remove renamed interfaces

Reshad Patuck reshadpatuck1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 05:12:50 UTC 2017

Hi,

I applied the patch @Ayaka mentioned (r315192) against 11-STABLE and ran
the same test against a complied kernel, and it works now.

Also I found another issue with 11-STABLE that seems to be patched in 12.
I wrote a script to bring up 300 vnet jails on 3 bridges, with a pf router
jail in between and shut them down.
When I run this script in a loop for some time the system crashes, without
leaving a crash dump.

Please let me know if there is anything in the PF-VNET-Jails stack I can
help test.

Are there any plans to backport these patches to 11-STABLE. I would like if
it is possible to have these in 11.1-RELEASE.

Best regards,

Reshad