[Differential] D9451: Constrain IPv6 interface routes to each FIB

asomers (Alan Somers) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 6 20:05:43 UTC 2017

asomers added a comment.

  Almost done.  I think the only thing left is to delete all of the related atf_expect_fail statements from fibs_test.sh, not just one.

INLINE COMMENTS

> jhujhiti_adjectivism.org wrote in nd6.c:1353
> This seems like a good idea. Is this new code what you had in mind?

Yep.

> jhujhiti_adjectivism.org wrote in nd6_rtr.c:574
> I'm now wondering if this is incorrect. If the interface's FIB changes after the router has been added to the list, we would fail to remove it here.
>
> Should the default router (and maybe prefix) structs include a new field to store the FIB in which the router(/prefix) was originally learned?

I think that's a limitation of the design of our network stack, and I don't think that fixing it should be a part of this change.  I think that fixing would require either:

1. Associate a fib with each ifaddr, and delete the network and host routes whenever the ifaddr is deleted, or
2. Store extra information with each route, such as why they were added to the routing table.

REPOSITORY
  rS FreeBSD src repository

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D9451