[Differential] D9270: Add support for user-supplied Host-Uniq tag and handle PADM messages in Netgraph PPPoE

ale (Alex Dupre) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 3 22:13:23 UTC 2017

ale added a comment.

  Thanks for your comment, I'll improve the man page.

INLINE COMMENTS

> wblock wrote in ng_pppoe.4:108
> "host uniq" should be capitalized or otherwise identified with markup.  Since it's used below, just be consistent and say `Host-Uniq`.

Are you fine with lower case "access concentrator"?

> wblock wrote in ng_pppoe.4:109
> The formatting looks odd, but is apparently meant to show that there is an optional AC-Name followed by double backslashes if present, followed by an optional Host-Uniq with a vertical bar if present.  Does this render correctly?

The double backslash is just for man page escaping, it's actually a single backslash. Both AC-Name and Host-Uniq are optional, that's the reason for different separators.

> wblock wrote in ng_pppoe.4:118
> Markup could show these with out-of-band highlighting rather than quotes.  But I'm not sure which markup to use.

I'll make a few tries, .Sq might be a good choice

> wblock wrote in ng_pppoe.4:292
> "may" usually implies "you have permission", while "can" means "it is possible".  So:
>
>   message with a HURL tag is received, and contains a URL which the Host can
>
> Should Host be capitalized?

It's MAY in RFC 2119 meaning, but I'll change it to "can".

I capitalized the Host to make it clearer what's the meaning of the H in HURL, but probably is not needed.

REPOSITORY
  rS FreeBSD src repository

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D9270