[Differential] D9451: Constrain IPv6 interface routes to each FIB

asomers (Alan Somers) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 3 01:16:26 UTC 2017

asomers added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> jhujhiti_adjectivism.org wrote in nd6.c:1295
> > It's totally valid for an interface to have multiple addresses assigned, each of which is on a different fib.
>
> Is this true? I'm not aware of a way this could happen. Interface routes are added to the FIB associated with the interface, and of course there is only one FIB per interface. For instance in6_newaddrmsg() provides no mechanism by which to assign the route for the interface's address to anything other than the interface FIB.

Yep, it's true.  One way is to do it with static routes.  Another way involves changing the interfaces's fib.  For example, like this:

  ifconfig tap0 create
  ifconfig tap0 10.1.0.1/24 fib 2
  ifconfig tap0 10.1.1.1/24 fib 3 alias

REPOSITORY