upnp/dlna

Ben Woods woodsb02 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 10:10:05 UTC 2016

On 16 January 2016 at 09:09, Gerrit Kühn <gerrit.kuehn at aei.mpg.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 21:36:15 +0100
> Guido Falsi <madpilot at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> GF> From your description it looks like a different issue. Looks like
> GF> some network issue, maybe some network device (switch or router) is
> GF> eating up certain multicasts?
>
> There is only one (rather simple, non-smart) switch invloved here, but
> I'll try to find out.
>

> cu
>   Gerrit

I would test the WLAN access point, and make sure it is passing multicast
traffic between the wired and wireless interfaces. It may be that multicast
traffic which starts or finishes on the WLAN access point works ok, but if
any needs to pass between the wired and wireless interfaces it gets dropped.

Just a thought - I have experienced this before with off-the-shelf WLAN
access points.

Regards,
Ben

From: Benjamin Woods