upnp/dlna

Gerrit Kühn gerrit.kuehn at aei.mpg.de
Fri Jan 15 19:43:19 UTC 2016

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 16:54:04 +0100
Guido Falsi <madpilot at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

GF> I forget one thing, Are the mindlna and mediatomb installed in a
GF> jail?

No jails involved here, they are both running on a plain machine.

I just tried the patch you referred to. It applied and compiled
cleanly, but does not change anything regarding this strange behaviour.
The server is not seen directly by the clients, some do pick up its
announcements after some time. The multicasts it emits are not seen by
the second FreeBSD box. I also have a Linux box here, which also does
not see the announcements minidlna emits. Other devices (printers etc.)
emitting announcements are seen just fine on all machines.
Looks like something is wrong here, but I have no idea what it might
be...

cu
  Gerrit