upnp/dlna

Guido Falsi madpilot at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 15 15:54:10 UTC 2016

On 01/15/16 14:52, Gerrit Kühn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two FreeBSD boxes running mediatomb and minidlna. I also have a
> couple of clients, mostly internet radios by different manufacturers
> (Sangean, Philips, Renkforce...).
> I have the (weird) issue that neither mediatomb nor minidlna appears to see
> the multicasts discovery messages (not even with tcpdump!) sent by the
> clients. Subsequently they never answer them and are not found by the
> client devices.

I forget one thing, Are the mindlna and mediatomb installed in a jail?
If that's the case, they will never receive multicasts and so, never
reply, since multicasts which are not forwarded to jailed IPs. You'll
have to install them on the main machine.

I've also read this can be worked around using vimage, but I have never
tried that

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot at FreeBSD.org>