long network segment call stack can fail

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 9 03:37:39 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 12:50:52PM -0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
A> hah, that's very pretty. The downside of a completely direct-dispatch
A> network stack. :)

The stack is big, but shouldn't eat 4 pages anyway. Back in the netgraph
hacking times, we used to have stack exhaustion with much longer backtraces.

I expect that somewhere on the list there something huge on stack.

I assume Dmitry runs with -O0, this is compile that exposes stack
exhaustion first. Did I guess it right, Dmitry?

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.