Outgoing packets being sent via wrong interface

Daniel Bilik ddb at neosystem.org
Wed Nov 25 13:20:01 UTC 2015

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 12:20:33 +0000
Gary Palmer <gpalmer at freebsd.org> wrote:

> When the problem happens, what does the output of
> route -n get <unreachable IP>
> show?

I'll check this next time it happens. Thanks for the tip. Right now it
seems correct:

   route to: 192.168.2.33
destination: 192.168.2.0
       mask: 255.255.255.0
        fib: 0
  interface: re1
      flags: <UP,DONE,PINNED>
 recvpipe  sendpipe  ssthresh  rtt,msec    mtu        weight    expire
       0         0         0         0      1500         1         0

>  It would also be worth checking the arp table.

Yes, checking arp table was one of the first things I did when analyzing
the problem. All arp entries seem correct, and do not change
before-during-after the problem. I've also tried to manually remove arp
entry for affected address (ie. forcing it to be refreshed), but it
does not help.

--
						Dan