ix(intel) vs mlxen(mellanox) 10Gb performance

Alban Hertroys haramrae at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 11:49:28 UTC 2015

On 17 August 2015 at 13:39, Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw at zxy.spb.ru> wrote:

> In any case, for 10Gb expect about 1200MGB/s.

Your usage of units is confusing. Above you claim you expect 1200
million gigabytes per second, or 1.2 * 10^18 Bytes/s. I don't think
any known network interface can do that, including highly experimental
ones.

I suspect you intended to claim that you expect 1.2GB/s (Gigabytes per
second) over that 10Gb/s (Gigabits per second) network.
That's still on the high side of what's possible. On TCP/IP there is
some TCP overhead, so 1.0 GB/s is probably more realistic.

WRT the actual problem you're trying to solve, I'm no help there.