multicasts are not forwarded on wifi interface

Hooshang F ebastan10 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 18:50:51 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 10:10 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I forget the details; I'd have to go dig through the commit history.
>
> Which wifi NIC is it?
>

> -a

It is  a TP-Link TL-WN7200ND wireless USB adapter

# dmesg | grep run
run0: <1.0> on usbus0
run0: MAC/BBP RT3070 (rev 0x0201), RF RT3020 (MIMO 1T1R), address
c0:4a:00:26:02:58
run0: firmware RT2870 loaded

#ifconfig wlan0
wlan0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        ether c0:4a:00:26:02:58
        inet 192.168.20.10 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.20.255
        media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect mode 11g <hostap>
        status: running
        ssid xxxx channel 1 (2412 MHz 11g) bssid c0:4a:00:26:02:58
        country US authmode WPA2/802.11i privacy MIXED deftxkey 3
        AES-CCM 2:128-bit AES-CCM 3:128-bit txpower 0 scanvalid 60
        protmode CTS wme dtimperiod 1 -dfs