Poor high-PPS performance of the 10G ixgbe(9) NIC/driver in FreeBSD 10.1

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 11 22:57:39 UTC 2015

Thanks, we will try, however I don't think it's going to make a huge
difference because we run almost 2x the PPS on the otherwise identical (as
far as FreeBSD version/lagg code goes) with I350/igb(9) and inferior CPU
hardware. That kinda suggests that whatever the problem is it is below lagg.

-Maxim