bugzilla chatter?

Kubilay Kocak koobs at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 5 15:13:40 UTC 2015

On 6/08/2015 1:02 AM, Sean Bruno wrote:
> On 08/04/15 16:13, grenville armitage wrote:
>
>> <de-lurk>
>
>> I'm curious about the uptick of bugzilla chatter turning up in
>> freebsd-net@ the last few days.
>
>> Whilst I can filter it locally, I'm puzzled as to why it would be a
>> Good Thing for bugzilla bugs to be "Assigned to" freebsd-net.
>
>> cheers, gja
>
>> <lurk>
>

> I don't know if -net is even the right place to assign driver bugs.  :-)
>
> Even if I go through and move the bugs to driver maintainers right
> now, I think I spam the list just by doing the assignment.
>
> Sorry for the noise, some of it may be useful, but I fear most of the
> spam from bugzilla is probably useless.
>
> sean

Signal:Noise is important, but there should be a 'pool' that incoming
networking related bugs can be assigned to (with notification),
independent to whether an issue/component has an individual or team
maintainer, so that interested folks don't necessarily need to go
hunting in Bugzilla to find things to work on. This is particularly
important for aspiring future committers

Perhaps a net-bugs or similar?