bugzilla chatter?

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 23:32:19 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 4:13 PM, grenville armitage <garmitage at swin.edu.au>
wrote:

> <de-lurk>
>
> I'm curious about the uptick of bugzilla chatter turning up in freebsd-net@
> the last few days.
>
> Whilst I can filter it locally, I'm puzzled as to why it would be a Good
> Thing for bugzilla bugs to be "Assigned to" freebsd-net.
>
> cheers,
> gja
>
> <lurk>

Yes, Sean has been VERY busy this week in cleaning up old Intel driver (em,
igb, ixgb, etc) tickets.

I, for one, have no problem with seeing them. They are easy for those who
would prefer not to see them and provide a fair bit up useful information
and a reasonable "heads-up" for problem status.

I suspect that once Sean has hit most of the old (some really old) tickets,
things will quiet down a fair bit. (But I could be wrong.) I love seeing
tickets being taken care of.
--
Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com