Congestion Control Modification

Karlis Laivins karlis.laivins at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 06:59:05 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have read an interesting publication about a proposed modification of TCP
Congestion Control algorithm that would allow to improve it (the CC) by
dynamic bandwidth estimation. The idea seems so interesting that I would
like to try to implement it by modifying the NewReno code.

Do I understand correctly that to do the above stated, I would create a
copy of source file (in my case - cc_newreno.c) located in /usr/src/sys/
and rename it to, for example, cc_newreno_test.c and make changes to it?
How would I then compile it, and how would I create a newreno_test.ko file
that can be loaded into Kernel and tested?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

With Best Regards,
Karlis