Broken IPsec + enc +pf/ipfw

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Oct 20 20:03:24 UTC 2014

On 10/20/2014 2:44 PM, Mark Felder wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 11:18, Matthew Grooms wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> There appears to be an issue with FreeBSD 10.x when using enc device to
>> filter inbound traffic on the receive path. After searching the mailing
>> lists, I see two different people reporting the issue ...
>>

> Your subject mentions ipfw, but I don't see any mention of it in the
> body of your email or the bug report. Is this problem strictly related
> to pf? Is ipfw unaffected?

The link to the last email thread that I included made mention of ipfw.
I am only testing the interaction with pf. I assume all the firewalls
hook into pfil in more or less the same fashion, so it doesn't surprise
me that both would experience the same dysfunction given the nature of
the issue.

-Matthew