dragonflybsd's ipfw

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Mon Nov 17 09:07:53 UTC 2014

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 15:48:13 +0800, Sato Kentney wrote:

 > I saw a email in dragonflybsd email list, someone is doing this!
 > http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/ipfw2/

We've had 'ipfw2' for a very long while.  I couldn't help wondering why
DF wouldn't just import our many years of development and experience
rather than using bycn82's 'rewrite'? .. but DF already has ipfw2:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=ipfw&section=ANY

man page dated October 2008.  Before tables, in-kernel NAT, later
dummynet updates and no doubt more.  So why not start from there?

cheers, Ian