fastforward/routing: a 3 million packet-per-second system?

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Sun Jul 27 17:50:47 UTC 2014

Yeah, there's something odd going on. You shouldn't see any of that
lock contention if flowtable is enabled. Thus I think there's

Oh wait, the fastfwd code doesn't know about flowtables. I just looked
at it (sys/netinet/ip_fastfwd.c.)

Try disabling fastfwd for a test and see if the lock profile improves.
(Set debug.lock.prof.reset=1 to clear the profiling data before you do it.)

-a