fastforward/routing: a 3 million packet-per-second system?

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Tue Jul 22 17:41:25 UTC 2014

John Jasen wrote this message on Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:18 -0400:
> Feedback and/or tips and tricks more than welcome.

You should look at netmap if you really want high PPS routing...

>From the netmap paper:
netmap has been implemented in FreeBSD and Linux
for several 1 and 10 Gbit/s network adapters. In our pro-
totype, a single core running at 900 MHz can send or
receive 14.88 Mpps (the peak packet rate on 10 Gbit/s
links)

http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/papers/20120503-netmap-atc12.pdf

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579