FreeBSD 10-stable (r274577) LACP / IEEE 802.3ad with TP-Link TL-SG2008 - not working

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 18 05:08:37 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 5:36 PM, David P. Discher <dpd at dpdtech.com> wrote:

> Yeah, Alan - will do ... if I decided to look into more.  That is why I was
> looking for spec on LACP.  One side is doing it wrong.  FreeBSD is looking
> for a LACPDU of exactly sizeof ( struct lacpdu ) which is 124 bytes. The
> TP-Link is sending a PDU of 128 bytes. I was hoping someone would know off
> hand what the spec says, if the PDU "should be" or "must be".

I think you have stumbled across a valid problem in the FreeBSD code.  I
don't have access
to 802.3ad-2000, but this might give you some clues:
http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB17674

I would also look at the source code of wireshark to be sure.  wireshark
has a sample capture of LACP packets here:

http://wiki.wireshark.org/LinkAggregationControlProtocol

--
Craig