FreeBSD 10-stable (r274577) LACP / IEEE 802.3ad with TP-Link TL-SG2008 - not working

David P. Discher dpd at dpdtech.com
Mon Dec 15 01:23:45 UTC 2014

So, I think I’ve identified the issue.  In sys/net/ieee8023ad_lacp.c, lacp_pdu_input() has a sanity check :

	if (m->m_pkthdr.len != sizeof(*du)) {
		goto bad;
	}

I added some debugging information in if_lagg, and ran with it.  The lacpdu packet that being sent by the TP-Link switch is 4 bytes longer than the FreeBSD "struct lacpdu du”.

	em1: lacp_pdu_input-sizeof(du) bad m_pkthdr.len=128 sizeof(du)=124

My packet captures shows the packet size differing as well.

I’m still poking around. I’ve been trying to look for the official LACPDU binary/wire format … if someone can point me to the reference for that, that would be helpful (at least my own understanding).

Not exactly sure what these extra 4 bytes are at the end of the packet.  Still trying to figure that out.

-
David P. Discher
http://davidpdischer.com/
AIM: DavidDPD | Y!M: daviddpdz