Horrendous upload network performance with VLAN (download seems OK)

Patrick Proniewski patpro at patpro.net
Wed Dec 3 18:37:45 UTC 2014

On 03 déc. 2014, at 17:25, Borja Marcos wrote:

> I forgot, sorry. Sometimes you need to set the interface to down and up again to make sure changes to flags such as LRO and TSO have been applied :/
>
> TSO can be disabled in a global way using a sysctl variable: net.inet.tcp.tso

what is the proper syntax in rc.conf to disable tso and lro at boot time? Will try with vlanhwtso too, as Steven mentioned.

Currently I use:

	ifconfig_bxe0="UP"
	vlans_bxe0="161"
	ifconfig_bxe0_161="inet x.y.z.142/24"
	defaultrouter="x.y.z.1"

ifconfig_bxe0="UP" triggers an error at boot time, "ifconfig: UP: bad value", but if I put no value, bxe0 stays down and bxe0.161 won't come up. I work remotely, so having a functioning network after boot is more comfortable.

Patrick