vlan with modified MAC fails to communicate

Pablo Ribalta Lorenzo rlp at semihalf.com
Sun Mar 31 12:57:07 UTC 2013

>> From what I see, looks like this behavior from FreeBSD side is expected
>> and the changes should be incorporated to my NIC.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean, but there is no existing code to propagate
> a MAC change on a VLAN to its parent device.  I think it is a bug that
> a change appears to work.

Rather than to my NIC, I wanted to say that my solution can be related to
improve the packet filtering for not dropping the
packets in the NIC after changing vlan's MAC, my fault. Anyway you previous
experience is a good hint for me, thank you for
sharing it.

However, I won't be able to perform concrete tests on this side once this
easter weeekend passes and I have the time,
so by now I can only speculate.