kern/177139: [igb] igb drops ethernet ports 2 and 3

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 17:10:01 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR kern/177139; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jack Vogel <jfvogel at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, david at dr.eclipse.co.uk
Subject: Re: kern/177139: [igb] igb drops ethernet ports 2 and 3
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 10:04:14 -0700

 --20cf3078114c10128504d872541e

 So, when the igb ports are in the failing configuration what are they
 connected to specifically, what device/nic?

 There is no special procedure "looking for a switch", its just the autoneg
 between two devices, so maybe there
 is some compatibility issue. Also occurs to me that an interesting test
 would be to swap the two pair of devices
 and see if the problem follows the function or not, do you understand?

 Regards,

 Jack