carp regression in 9.1 ?

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Sun Mar 17 10:03:09 UTC 2013

Hi.

On 14.03.2013 20:47, Fleuriot Damien wrote:
> I'm experiencing this odd behavior with 9.1 r24791 for amd64.

You should definitely sit on 8.x until 10.x will become stable, or
upgrade to 10.x from 9.x (at least this is what I do).
Carp is entirely rewritten in 10.x branch. In the same time, in 9.x carp
seems to be desperately broken: for example I was experiencing weird
panics on boot, weird behaviour, and, when enabling WITNESS, lots of
carp-related LORs. Furthermore, I was completely unable to boot up with
a ipv6-enabled carp - I had to initialize it in multiuser with a custom
script. All of this doesn't happen on 10.x, which I had to upgrade to.
Right now, if we're talking about carp, my 10.x production works like a
charm. 9.x branch just isn't destined to production. The situation is a
bit improved on 9.1, but still I can compare this release to 4.6 or 5.0.

Eugene.