kern/176446: [netinet] [patch] Concurrency in ixgbe driving out-of-order packet process and spurious RST

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Fri Mar 15 14:43:26 UTC 2013

On Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:59:44 pm Ryan Stone wrote:
> What's the benefit in having a both an interrupt thread and task that
> performs the same function?  It seems to me that having two threads that do
> the same job is what is making this so complicated.

Yes, yes it is.  I have a branch that has changes to interrupt threads where
you can have an interrupt handler reschedule itself.  That prevents this class
of problems as the handler always runs in the interrupt thread.

I really should get that patch into HEAD someday.  I've posted it to arch@
twice now I think. :(  It also fixes interrupt filters to really work properly
and be on by default.

--
John Baldwin