ipv6 default router Operation not permitted

Schrodinger schrodinger at konundrum.org
Wed Mar 13 16:38:37 UTC 2013

On 2013/03/13 17:27, Mark Martinec wrote:
> > > I am informed that I must configure my interface to /64 by OVH. The same
> > > as everyone else. So if everyone was on a /64 then we will send packets
> > > to each other via our shared default gateway.
>
> Btw, if the router responds to your subnet's (/64) anycast address
> (RFC 4291 section 2.6.1 Required Anycast Address) and you are
> not afraid of rougue routers on the same subnet, you could
> try pointing a default route to that address, in your case
> to 2001:41d0:2:e7c4::

15 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

Unfortunately the wording of this might support the packet loss.

"All routers are required to support the Subnet-Router anycast addresses
for the subnets to which they have interfaces."

I am assuming that the subnet for the routers interface is /56 or
Something Else so it shouldn't need to answer for the Anycast in my /64.

Thanks though,
C.
MSN: schro5 at hotmail.com
ICQ: 112562229