Limits on jumbo mbuf cluster allocation

Garrett Wollman wollman at hergotha.csail.mit.edu
Mon Mar 11 17:09:11 UTC 2013

In article
<CAFOYbck-m+71Ma7w2ixQNrFfN55pe6SOtGkNzm1AtahQe5S-FA at mail.gmail.com>,
jfvogel at gmail.com writes:

>How large are you configuring your rings Garrett? Maybe if you tried
>reducing them?

I'm not configuring them at all.  (Well, hmmm, I did limit the number
of queues to 6 (per interface, it appears, so that's 12 in all).)

There's a limit to how much experimentation my users will tolerate on
a production file server, so I can't realistically try anything out
until next weekend at the very earliest.  I'm bringing up a second
server soon, but it won't have anything remotely like a real load on
it for some time.

-GAWollman