kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 65.59.233.102

Courtland ncrogers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 15:21:09 UTC 2013

Has there been any progress on resolving this problem. Does anyone have a
better idea as to where it is breaking down?

I am experiencing the same problem under FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE. I use PF for
NAT, ALTQ, and RDR/filter rules. I'm not using PPPoE or dhclient. The
default gateway changes to an IP that is not on my network when under heavy
network load.

The last time this happened I had a stream of arpresolve messages in the
kernel for the IP that the default route was changed to.
Mar  5 19:12:53  kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for
50.142.201.101
The default route was changed to 50.142.201.101 after these messages.