Default route changes unexpectedly

Krzysztof Barcikowski krzysiek at airnet.opole.pl
Wed Mar 6 08:45:27 UTC 2013

W dniu 2013-03-06 09:25, Andre Oppermann pisze:
> Can you describe your traffic forwarding setup in more detail?
> Is it only pf, or do you run netgraph, or other things as well?
> Do you use flow routing?
>
> How frequent does this happen?
>
> I'm trying to create a stack graph to see which parts of the network
> stack are involved in handling your packet.

Hi,
In my case, I do use PF for filtering and NAT (without routing options
like 'route-to' or 'reply-to') together with ALTQ (PRIQ).
I also use IPFW+Dummynet combo for shaping.

net.inet.ip.sourceroute: 0
net.inet.ip.accept_sourceroute: 0

Router traffic is about 300Mb/s in peak.

Frequency:
Wed Oct 3 14:19:15 CEST 2012
Thu Dec 13 04:39:43 CET 2012
Thu Dec 13 04:39:46 CET 2012
Thu Dec 13 04:39:47 CET 2012
Thu Dec 13 04:39:50 CET 2012
Thu Dec 13 04:39:53 CET 2012
Thu Dec 13 04:39:59 CET 2012
Thu Dec 13 04:40:11 CET 2012
Fri Jan 4 07:47:00 CET 2013
Mon Jan 28 18:35:43 CET 2013
Sat Feb 2 22:43:01 CET 2013

I do only monitor default route change, but this bug also affects static
routes (i.e. I have one static route and it changes more frequently that
default route).

Please let me know if I can provide any more feedback.

Krzysiek