igb network lockups

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 18:22:40 UTC 2013

> Thanks. So on FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE it is advisable to set
> hw.em.enable_msix=0 for 82574L? Are there other em(x) NICs where this
> is advisable?

As I explained in a previous email, this is not advisable unless you are
experiencing problems (like hangs), if you are then its one possible
cause, so try falling back to MSI to see if it eliminates your problem.

And, 82574 is the only devise the em driver supports at present that is
capable of MSIX, all others use the igb driver.

Regards,

Jack