Looking for a bgp listener that works with RADIX_MPATH / EQMP that's in HEAD

Peter Wemm peter at wemm.org
Sat Jun 29 19:50:52 UTC 2013

I'm looking for pointers to something that can listen to bgp default
route announcements from two outbound gateways and set a RADIX_MPATH
compatible default route based on whether one or both are alive.

openbgpd from ports is extremely incompatible with RADIX_MPATH on 10.
You *have* to turn off fib (kernel routing table) updates or it will
destroy your machine when it runs out of physical memory for duplicate
routes.

I know I can do an evil hack and poll the 'bgp show ...' output and
manually update the default route but that means updates are delayed
to the poll interval.  I'm hoping there is a more elegant solution
that already works and is immediately responsive to a change in bgp
state.

The caveat is it *must* run on 10.x, with RADIX_MPATH enabled.  I'd
gladly run openbgpd if it actually worked.  openbgpd has some
awareness of mpath so it might be fixable but openbsd's multipath is
different to ours.

Ideas?
--
Peter Wemm - peter at wemm.org; peter at FreeBSD.org; peter at yahoo-inc.com; KI6FJV