Flapping WAN with axe interface

Carsten Sonne Larsen carsten at innolan.dk
Sat Jun 22 10:26:33 UTC 2013

I used to run a setup with a D-Link DUB-E100 ver. B adapter on pfSense also
using it for a DCHP WAN connection. I had a similar issues. Every time I
unplugged
the DUB-E100 things would work smoothly again.

Now Im using the D-Link adapter on a 8.3-RELEASE and am still having
issues once
in a while. Im not a hardware guy but I think the D-Link simply just
have a buggy
hardware or somehow have some hardware restriction preventing it to be
used as
nothing else but an extra NIC in a laptop - I remember one of the issues
was the
NIC not being able to allocate buffer space.

/carsten