How not allow setting ip changes interface down status?

Jason Hellenthal jhellenthal at dataix.net
Sun Jun 16 17:13:28 UTC 2013

Off the top of my head I don't know of another OS that does this.

But yes agreed changing that behavior would probably effect a lot of people in a negative way at this point.

Not to mention script breakage.

But a tunable in the stack somewhere would be awesome to change this behavior. Either interface specific or global or both.

Sometimes installing a new faucet you don't want the water to run until all the nuts, bolts and washers are installed.

--
 Jason Hellenthal
 Inbox: jhellenthal at DataIX.net